All 478 art Reviews

Raise Request Raise Request

That's corporate living in a nutshell.

A huge fucking pyramid.

Pay the boss. Pay the boss.

AND THE CIRCLE OF LIFE IS COMPLETE!

Long Journey's End Long Journey's End

What is always good in life.

Good food, fine women, and stories to share with a friend.

Ryuko Matoi Ryuko Matoi

Great messages about Totalitarianism and Greed but damn, what a crazy plot setting and character design.

Who cares if it makes sense! That's your typical shonnen.

Space Dandy Honey Space Dandy Honey

Space Dandy is basically replacing Spike from Cowboy Beeboop with Lupin III....except he's an idiot ...so more like Johnny Bravo.

Still, an impressive anime series.

He will defile He will prevail He will defile He will prevail

You're "Black Mask" from Batman Origins

No No

What happens when you can't take rejection.

Marathon Runner Marathon Runner

A lesson worth noting.

Level Grinding isn't a real accomplishment. It's only a means to show that you are willing to do a mindless and repetitive task to beat a level/boss without notable skill.

"Level up in REAL Life" that's a real game to be excited about, because you only get '1up'.

Garnet Garnet

After throughly analyzing "Steven Universe". It definitely has a feminine charm compared to most cartoon series and characters.

It's no Sailor Moon or Inuyasha, but a cute coming of age story about the imperfections we all have, even if those characters are etherial gem girls.

So far my favorite character is Pearl, in character design and personality. She looks delicate but she's basically a Samurai. And combining sword fighting with ballerina dancing is a top notch idea.
Plus she kinda looks like a bird with that nose and hair style.
She is also very motherly towards Steven.

Amethyst is a wild child. Contrary to what Amethysts usually represents, which i being calm and serene, Amethyst displays a carefree personality. Which could be 'her' way of being serene, even at the expense of being kinda messy.

Garnet is so stoic. She hardly gets to speak but often says very profound and intellectual things. I personally liked the older illustrations better but this new style is still very cool. Plus she's Black, got big hips and a big afro.

My favorite episode so far is the conversation Steven has with his dad, we learn a bit more about the back story of Steven's mother.

In most cultures, the Rose Quartz gem is a symbol of 'love'. Hence why Steven so far has never shown any signs of extreme anger and is unusually optimistic.

There is a speculation that the reason why Steven's gem glowed briefly when eating CookieCat IceCream is because Rose ate that same IceCream while she was preggers.

Draw the rest of them!

I can't wait to see how Rebecca Sugar plans to flesh out this world, where magical beings are just the norm in the world. No secret identity, just another day in Beach City.

I think the Music is the best part of the show so far.

- - -

Also, if I can somehow find some music I was thinking of having a collaboration of submissions of fans of the show.

Draw your own Crystal Gem!

There will be a list of hundreds of gems and you simply illustrate a character based on how the gem looks or it's representation.

beastkid7 responds:

Yeah, it does. It kind of shocked me at first, like I felt weird when the action music started playing and.. it was... a really girly ballad of sorts. lol Then, I was like, oh yeah.

Garnets my favorite, but I suppose I'm more like Pearl lol. She's my second fav from the show.

Can't wait to learn more about there back stories.

Wet Korra Wet Korra

Well...now this is an interesting change of 'scenery'.

A tasteful nude portrait that is sensual and also portrayed with artistic beauty and background.

Korra in this view reminds me of the "Little Mermaid" statue by Edvard Eriksen. Her beauty sitting by the rocks overlooking the pier of Langelinie. Very very similar.

Korra is an elemental beauty to behold.
So the subtly of her nudity in water with a beautiful scenery can be view more poetically .... this time.

Not your usual stuff Shadman, I like this allot.

Whether your intentions were to be more romanticized or not, I still view this in a new light.

Beneath that exterior of debauchery and lust, does an artist who desires love and beauty also exist?